Saturday, May 15, 2010
It's Important to laugh at yourself every once in awhile
I thought I would take a break from my recent posts on book reviews and do a fun post about things I do that make me wonder what hair color I was originally born with. I was recently reading FaeFever by Karen Marie Moning, a series I have become slightly obsessed with this week, and there was one scene in particular I like where the main character Mac made a hat full of lights to keep away the shades (evil fairies that lurk in the dark) and ends up having a grand time;
I loved this scene I may have chuckled a little myself. So in the spirit of laughing at yourself every once in a while the following are some of my more recent “blond moments” (no offense to those who that may offend, hehe)
Moments I laugh about now…
· Yesterday while I was waiting in line at the bank, I was the third person in the line before I realized I was the only person in the line with a red card. That was when I clued in that I was at the wrong bank
· For mothers day I always make my mom breakfast in bed. This mothers day I decided that after 20 years I should probably know how to make coffee. This was an epic fail. How was I supposed to know coffee makers needed a filter? I pride myself on not being domestic
· In the winter I mistook two parallel lines on the road, closer together than the rest of the car tracks, for those of a smart car. It wasn’t until the lines weaved into themselves that I realized this was an impossibility, ensuing my sister into a fit of laughter
· A few months ago I gave myself a black eye for walking into the side of a door, the part that’s an inch thick. I excel at the unlikely.
· Before my exams this year, I took one red bull, and 2 caffeine pills at 11 pm to pull an all-nighter. Not only did I get no sleep, but I got no studying done. It was that night that I discovered that that much caffeine to a petite body will only make you awake enough to play games on the computer.
· In high school while talking about movies and how they involved literary techniques (which for the life of me I cannot remember) I was talking about the popular movie about firefighters and the perils of that job “Ladder 69” it wasn’t until the class started hiccupping in laughter that I realized it’s called Ladder 49. I think I found a new porno name.
· I don’t fall down stairs, I fall going up them
· At least once a week I trip. On my own feet!! It’s embarrassing but I’ve learned to laugh it off J
What are some of your embarrassing moments?
Evidence of my cackle laugh
Oh p.s do you guys like personal posts? I know most of you only come here to read book related things but I know I love reading personal things about other bloggers; it makes me feel like I know them better, which I like. Let me know how you guys feel!