Pages

Friday, February 26, 2010

Random Ramblings; Yellow Eyes



OK, before I start and convince everyone that I am the oddest person around, I must defend myself by saying; I know I'm odd. I will not sit here and demand that I am not, I am aware that I am an oddity, and that I may be the only person alive that thinks of these sort of things, but I just had to get it off my chest. Does anyone else think yellow eyes are NOT ATTRACTIVE?!

I know you all (or maybe no one is reading this) are reading this thinking why am I even thinking about this? But recently I had an epiphany that yellow eyes are everywhere in books and TV! I was recently reading J R Wards series The Black Dagger Brotherhood and in book three, Lover Awakened, Ward describes Phury and Zsadist has having brilliant yellow eyes.
Bella, Zsadist's mate, is apparently so enthralled by Zsadist's eyes and in one part I believe she describes them as the sole factor in making him appear beautiful to her. Maybe its just me, but yellow eyes are not the making of a beautiful male, they are the indications of a demon. Now before you all condemn me for being a hardcore religious zealot, let me show you what I mean;


Perhaps I watch to much Supernatural, but yellow eyes do not a beautiful man make. And its not only in Wards series that we see this new phenomena. In Maggie Stiefvater's bestselling book 'Shiver', Sam, one of the main characters and werewolf, is described (if memory serves me) to have large brilliant yellow eyes. This ruined the book for me.
Every time I pictured loving, gentle Sam I saw this;
Not My ultimate fantasy in the opposite sex. Am I totally alone in this? I think I am..

4 comments:

  1. Hahaha, I don't think you're odd, Sarah!! :DD
    And you're absolutely right about the yellow eyes - they are all-in-out creepy and *not* sexy!
    Glad you said it!! You go girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha Thanks Amelia!!! You've helped me feel much better about my questioned normality!! haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, nix on yellow eyes! Maybe if the authors said amber eyes...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, amber eyes would have been much more appealing to this reader!

    ReplyDelete

Nothings better than a comment! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails