Pages

Monday, October 1, 2012

Whimsical Lands and Books

Lately I would describe myself as a bit of a dreamer. I live in a day-to-day land where I "endure" life simply in the far off notion that one day I will be out of the fog that is being a sick person, AKA Sarah the Cancer patient. Life for me right now it wake up at noon, maybe eat something high in fat such as bacon, read a little bit, walk around, terrorize my dog, and then very late that night take some sleeping pills and try to shut my head off. Wake up, rinse and repeat.

One of my favourite past times as of late is browsing the pinterest boards. I like to pretend I'm one of those people that can pull of head-to-toe tattoos and then go crazy pinning quotes I want all over my body; such as "you don't know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have". I think if I were ever able to go through with this my mom would sub come to an early death. One of the things that always makes me more creative and seems to spurn on these random blog posts, are visits to Starbucks. Coffee tastes a bit different for me now with chemo in my body, but I think it's the atmosphere itself that keeps me coming back. The atmosphere here always stirs my creative juices, it makes me feel more urban than I probably am. Like I could pull off a thick sweater, five dollar chunky wedges and a floppy hat.




In the book world, I have been reading The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater. I have always loved Maggie's writing; it's not bogged down by over drawn details. They are usually beautifully written books that have a very romantic and old feeling to them. The Raven Boys is not exception to this equation of excellence, I just find that it is running a little slower than I like. I'm a little confused by some of the characters, and oddly lost as to who is suppose to be the main couple?! I know Blue is the girl, because she's ugh the only one, but there is at least two main boys that seem to be vying for her attention. It's confusing.

I also picked up Obsidian in the Lux series and am excited to start this series even though it's not very popular in the YA community I've heard some good things about it.

I'll leave you all with a personal picture, happy readings! Also if you  like the pictures you should check out my sisters website, she's an amazing photographer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nothings better than a comment! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails